Promas CIC are a multi- award-winning organisation and have trained over 3,000 carers since 2011. The face to face training courses has produced outstanding outcomes and health gains for carers. We wanted to ensure every carer has access to training to support them in their caring role as some carers cannot leave their cared for. This is why innovative online training is essential especially to support carers who are isolated. Research shows social Isolation and not being able to leave the cared for increases the health risks to the carer and consequently could result in additional pressure on health and social care services.
Promas CIC has developed two bundles of easy to access online courses to provide support to carers – ‘Caring for Carers’ and ‘Caring for Dementia Carers’.
We provide the greatest number of online courses for unpaid carers. Designed and tested with carers, our courses:
- Are easy to access
- Support a wide range of needs
- Help council and NHS commissioners meet their Care Act requirements/duties
- Allows unpaid carers to get help they need to keep caring
- Provide support to reduce hospital admissions
- Cost from £45 per licence, reduced the more you purchase